NWS International Show, 11 / 2013

A recap of the National Watercolor Society's 
93rd International Exhibition, in San Pedro, CA.
The jurors ...

Kathleen Conover, Gerald Brommer and Dean Mitchell

Besides myself, with (RAVEN DREAMS)
the other two Oregon painters in the show are
Dyanne Locati


and Geoffrey McCormack (who I enjoyed flying with).


Myrna Wacknov, with this portrait of her husband


And here is the lovely Linda Doll, awarding me signature membership to NWS.
A very sweet moment!


One of the best parts of going to a show like this is meeting artists from near and far. 
For me there were many new faces.
I particularly enjoyed Penny Hill, who is as charming in person as on the phone.
Here she is skyping the event.


I met Nancy Swan who puts together the newsletter (her photos are borrowed here)
and Valli McDougle who called to confirm the size of my painting.

Also artist, Stan Kurth, who was suggested as a future WSO juror.


And Ying, (with me at Friday's meet & greet)...


... She was here to represent her father, Xiao Xing Hu, who couldn't come
over from China for the event. Here's Ying with her dad's painting.


You still have through January 11th to see the show!